Tuesday, June 15, 2010

His name is NICK

******* A WEEK LATER*************

25, Lower East Garden 7,Queensland. It was my new home with all brand new sets of furniture in Australia. Living in a newly environment without a single source of help from my parents was definitely a new challenge in my life. An undeniable fact that i would like to highlight: "REGRET was the word that kept on flowing through my mind. I should have grab some of my mummy's brilliant skill in handling the house chores before i left home. I can't even fix a proper meal for myself.".

School started on the second day after i arrived in Australia. Everyday was a busy hustle life. I could hardly catch my breath. First, it was about my paper documents and registration for the enrollment of my class. Then it was about the "orientation week" where all the freshmen must participate themselves in all the activities that were organized. And to my surprise, I was appointed as the leader for all the activities. In short, my working loads were like five times heavier than all my newly-made friends.

"ARGH!!!! Who on earth created this stupid "orientation week"? You made my life miserable!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME SOMEONE> HELP ME.!!!" i shouted to myself in the living room.

Just before i could continue with my next lines, I was interrupted by the door bell. I wondered who could it be at this lately hours. Slowly and cautiously, i walked to my doorstep and opened the door. It was a young man with his pyjamas.

"Hi, my name is Nick. I'm your neighbour and in fact, I am your senior too. The school has put me in-charge of your safety for this semester since we stay nearby. So,are you okay? I hear you screaming for help."he asked.

I was taken aback by his sudden appearance and my mouth was frozen like ice. I was hoping that i could dig a hole on the ground and hide myself there though i knew it was not going to work.

"Oh Hi my friendly neighbourhood. I'm Nicole. You are.... Nick. Am i right? erm... it was nothing. I was actually rehearsing for my play. Thanks for the concern" i replied him awkwardly.

Nick stared at me for a moment and laughed. I was stunned and i did not know what to do. My heart was racing like formula one.

No comments:

Post a Comment