Friday, March 13, 2009

CHAPTER THREE: TO COME OR NOT.

After some time, mum seemed still having a penny for her thought. I wondered what was on her mind. Before I could catch the opportunity to ask her, she instructed me to go back to my room immediately without giving me a reply. I felt strange in a way because since primary, whenever I talked about Sam in front of her, she would definitely be like now.

Time fled very fast. Few weeks later, as I had promised Sam about the date, we met up in a small cafe. In the beginning, we felt uneasy and strange. Alas, Sam took the initial step to open a subject for our conversation. Then, we began to catch the mood and began to talk like before. We chitchatted for hours and hours yet we did not feel thirsty. Both of us were so excited when the old stories about our misbehavior during the primary school were brought up. It was indeed a fabulous time. We almost tear up our stomach and at times, our laughter did catch many people’s attention, wondering whether we WERE INSANE.

I glanced at my watch. It was 5 p.m in the noon. It was really late. Without wasting any further, I requested to end our conversation. Sam seemed to be in despair. So was I. All of a sudden, I remembered something that I almost forgot about it. “Today is my birthday! I’m throwing a birthday party!” my heart sang. Without hesitating, I quickly invited Sam to my party. He agreed. Then we both headed back to our home to get prepared readily.

At sharp 7 p.m, I stood at the front gate to receive my friends. All showed up except Sam. My imagination began to run wild, doubting about his presence in my party. Perhaps I should not put too much of hope on it.

The party started and all were having a great time with the activities that my parents planned. I just could not glue myself to be like them. My eyes were at a corner, aiming for his presence. Will he show up?

At first, I presumed my answer as NO because the party was almost reaching to the end yet I still fail to see his face. Suddenly, he showed up with a bouquet of flower. All my friends knew about this tiny surprise except me. Thereby, I assumed that as a plot of their games. Everyone went silent and ringed around Sam and me. My heart pumped very fast when Sam looked at me with a leer. He looked so serious and nervous. "Oh, i need more oxygen!!"

Slowly, Sam went forward and held my hands. Everyone was clapping their hands and shouted… “Sam, you rock!! That’s my boy!!” Then, everyone went quite again, waiting for Sam to take the next consecutive steps.

“Nicole, erm… hi!!” Sam said~ everyone was laughing.

“Hi!!!” I replied him as a manner to him and to save him from the laughing stock.

“Erm… Nicole, if you just realize… actually I'm already in love with you since primary. I wondered if you have noticed it. I know it's a little bit late but I think it’s better than never. Now, in front of everyone here, as my witnesses, I would like to ask you a question. You may choose not to answer. No matter what it is, I will respect your choice. I promise. ” Sam said.

I nodded my head, taking it as a YES to his question but before Sam could continue his question, mum disrupted his plan with her loud voice coming out from the back of us. “No, stop it!” she shouted.

No comments:

Post a Comment